The Bloody Masquerade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watching life Pass You By.

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Watching life Pass You By. Empty Watching life Pass You By.

Post by Jack Larius Vernz Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:31 am

Jack stood by a tree directly in front of the chapel. He couldn't be bothered with the Orientation, instead he watched the beautiful building in front of him. It's painted windows telling stories he probably knew by heart. Was he torturing or reminding himself? He didn't know the answer. What he did know was that he was as attracted to places like this as Moths are to light. He couldn't help it. He admired the architecture, the perfection of the window mosaics, the carvings on the wooden door... but never getting to close, never touching in. He had almost died last time he tried to get near anything remotely religious.

Jack was a smart guy he learned fast and he didn't make the same mistake twice. The vampire didn't bother to look at the source of the noise. The way he saw it, they should be the ones afraid of him. He was the Predator not the prey, never the prey.
Jack Larius Vernz
Jack Larius Vernz

Back to top Go down

Watching life Pass You By. Empty Re: Watching life Pass You By.

Post by Conner McNeil Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:35 am

Conner walked to the chapel, smiling as she eyed its beautiful front doors. She walked in, kneeling as she prayed for guidance, and once she was finished she sat there for a long time, feeling eyes on her. No one was in the chapel, not that she knew anyway. She frowned, standing as she realized they were looking through a window. "Lovely. Vampire." She murmured, sitting back down, grabbing a book.
Conner McNeil
Conner McNeil
Admin

https://thebloodymasquerade.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Larius Vernz Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 am

Jack didn't bother to move. Humans were none of his concern and it's not like he was hunting for food, that being the only time he allowed himself to kill, that and in self defense.

The chapel had been built in the same style of the Gothic cathedrals and he knew who had been behind that particular idea. The entire school seemed quite contemporary, the state of the art. Nobody showed off their wealth and power like the Ventrue clan and the head of the vampires in the school just happened to be one of them.

He smiled. It had payed off to look into the sort of creatures that would be coming here. He had not survived out of pity, his kind was barely tolerated by other vampires.
Jack Larius Vernz
Jack Larius Vernz

Back to top Go down

Post by Conner McNeil Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:48 am

Conner was head of the Hunter's, the highest order in the local branch. Her glare was fixed as she moved to slide her favorite blade up her sleeve before leaving a few minutes later. "An odd place to hunt, near sanctuary you can't enter." She said, standing by the door.
Conner McNeil
Conner McNeil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Larius Vernz Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:55 am

"If I were hunting you'd be dead" He spoke calmly not bothering to raise his voice despite the distance. He watched her with the same curiosity he had analyzed the building she was coming out of.

"Does it still help? Knowing that this place was built by a vampire?" He was honestly curious. His parents would've condemned such building as unholy, and yet... he couldn't come near it. "Is it the fact that someone still believes it to be holy or just because it's a chapel?" He asked not really expecting a real answer.
Jack Larius Vernz
Jack Larius Vernz

Back to top Go down

Post by Conner McNeil Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:01 am

Conner froze, thinking. "It's that it was washed in salted holy water. It has nothing to do with faith. It has nothing to do with being a chapel." She said, tilting her head. People get that stupid idea... but there are vampire chapels, free to roam simply because the stone doesn't carry the prayed upon salt."

She stepped away from the building, toward the male. "I believe faith is just that, faith. Having none, just means you have nothing to work towards. It doesn't make you more or less safe from people like you."
Conner McNeil
Conner McNeil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Larius Vernz Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:10 am

"Interesting" He wondered if the hunter was right. It did make sense. "I had not thought about that"

"Well, it makes them safe from me" He shrugged. "But not the others... just me" He stuffed his hands in his pant pockets. "Not that I would try to kill someone that hides inside chapels." He chuckled. "My prey is not that smart"

Jack Larius Vernz
Jack Larius Vernz

Back to top Go down

Post by Conner McNeil Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:13 am

"Don't tell me of your prey or I will have to kill you." Conner said, smiling. He was intellectual, of that she was sure, but to see him standing there, carefree. He obviously had no idea who she was. "So tell me, why are you standing here, staring at a church?" She asked, watching him. "I mean... is it some sick, twisted sadness?"

Conner McNeil
Conner McNeil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Larius Vernz Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:18 am

He chuckled. "No, I just like to watch. The architecture, the art, the music... maybe you're right. It is kind of twisted of me but no one is perfect." He motioned to her weapon. "You walked in armed into a holy place, I'd say it's considered a sacrilege"

"And you have it out in the open in school grounds. I'm pretty sure it's against the rules" He grinned.
Jack Larius Vernz
Jack Larius Vernz

Back to top Go down

Post by Conner McNeil Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:22 am

"Screw the rules, I'm above them." She said, laughing. "But, now that you say so, nowhere in any handbook does it say 'don't enter the church armed'. It is a house of safety, but I don't feel safe without at least five knives on my person at all times." She said, smiling quietly.

"And it's really sad you enjoy the art that portrays you as evil."
Conner McNeil
Conner McNeil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Larius Vernz Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:29 am

"I wasn't always like this, you know" He told her. "Not all of us fit the big bad vampire profile you hunters have. Some of us just want to be left alone" He shrugged not knowing why he was saying such things to a complete stranger.
He turned his head slightly to the left and frowned.

"You should probably go find the rest of your people" He recognized the scent and although he didn't have anything personal against the vampire, he had a history of not dealing well with humans.

Jack wonders why he had decided to come to a school full of humans.
Jack Larius Vernz
Jack Larius Vernz

Back to top Go down

Post by Conner McNeil Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:31 am

Even Conner felt the shift in the air and she touched his arm. "I do get it, I know not all of them are evil. It's why I won't kill you until I know you've killed an innocent." She smiled, nodding. "Thanks for the heads up." She said and grinned, able to understand the vampire better than most. Although... most weren't intelligent enough to have a conversation about a chapel past 'fucking Chapel, let me in so I can eat your dwellers'.

Conner ran, but she made it look like walking, long strides, blades in hand. Until she disappeared within her dorm.
Conner McNeil
Conner McNeil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leroy Fletcher Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:34 am

"What have we got here?" Leroy smiled. "It's been a while, Jack" The male tipped his hat. "And why do I always find you around churches? Is it some weird craving?" He smirked.

"And with a human?" He raised a brow. "You never stop to amaze me. Carry on" He moved to the side watching the Assamite as if it was the most entertaining thing he had ever seen.
Leroy Fletcher
Leroy Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Larius Vernz Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:41 am

"Did you need something?" Jack ignored his comments as usual. "You have a tendency of only seeking me out when you need favors, Leroy" He watched the other chuckle.

"What are you doing here? You know you can't kill any humans and you don't seem like the type to enjoy taking tablets" Jack wasn't worried for himself but it was a bit unsettling that Doriet would lie someone like Leroy in.
Jack Larius Vernz
Jack Larius Vernz

Back to top Go down

Post by Conner McNeil Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:44 am

Conner watched from the door frame of the dorms, wishing she had hearing like a wolf. Instead she was watching body language. Her head tilted as she paid attention.

The bigger, badder vampire was definitely superior than the one she'd spoken too. Although, they didn't seem to like each other as friends. In fact... the one she'd met reminded her a lot of... No, don't think about it.
Conner McNeil
Conner McNeil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Larius Vernz Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:49 am

Watching Leroy shrug, Jack fought the urge to roll his eyes. "In that case, I'll be going now." He moved past the other vampire and walked in the direction of the main building where the orientation was taking place.
Vampires had a privet orientation but were expected to be present in order to keep up appearances.
Jack Larius Vernz
Jack Larius Vernz

Back to top Go down

Post by Conner McNeil Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:53 am

Conner met up with him halfway. "So, spill the beans. Who is creepy vampire man?" She asked and then frowned. "And who are you? I should have asked, how rude of me." She said, grinning.
Conner McNeil
Conner McNeil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Larius Vernz Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:28 pm

"Creepy? That's a first." He chuckled not bothering to look behind him for Leroy. He had probably gone into the woods. "That's Leroy Fletcher. He's a Gangrel so I don't recommend any sudden movements around him, actually, unless you're a vampire I don't recommend anyone to be around him." He watched the students leave the mail building. The Orientation was over. "He's not violent unless you mess with him" He told her calmly.

"My name is Jack" He stopped still far from a group of vampires that watched them. "You might want to put the weapon away, it will be hard to explain to the other students why you have them" He smiled and watched as human teenagers left the building.
Jack Larius Vernz
Jack Larius Vernz

Back to top Go down

Post by Conner McNeil Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:58 am

She slid the blades up beneath her sleeves and rolled her eyes. "Hmmm.... I think..." She murmured, turning, putting her hands in her jacket's pockets. "Why TriBound?" She asked, watching Jack. Jack... What an odd name for a vampire. Se'd of course look him up later, wanting to know who she was REALLY going to school with.

"I come to know who to watch, who to kill, the normal. And you?"
Conner McNeil
Conner McNeil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Larius Vernz Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:40 am

He shrugged. "I just thought it could be an interesting experience." He only came to TBM out of curiosity. Vampires had the natural instinct of seeing humans as prey, to be able to see them as something else... well, it was worth a try.

He watched as the humans flocked around the vampires without even knowing why they felt compelled to. If only they knew... The vampires didn't seem to acknowledge the human students, they were probably here to form connections. No one would be stupid enough to hurt a student under Doriet's protection.

"I'll keep that in mind. I don't feel like dyeing anytime soon." He smiled at her than went back to scanning the student population. On the other side of the hall stood a group of Werewolves.
Jack Larius Vernz
Jack Larius Vernz

Back to top Go down

Post by Conner McNeil Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:54 am

The hunter smiled, knowing what he was seeing. "Do you feel sorry for them? The humans? Being unconsciously compelled to you all?" Conner asked, eyes scanning the vampires, then the humans nearing them. She smiled and tilted her head, not realizing she'd subconsciously stepped closer to Jack. She groaned, stepping two steps away, pressing her side to the wall.

Her eyes slid to the wolves, narrowing as she saw an old member of the hunters. Had he been lying the entire time. But before he could blow her cover, she stepped back, hiding behind the wall.
Conner McNeil
Conner McNeil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Larius Vernz Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:01 am

"Not really. It's like... feeling sorry for eating fish, you just don't think about it 'cuz in your mind it's the normal thing to do" He sighed. "Unless you're vegetarian" He added noticing her movements.

"Hiding, are we?" He smirked. "I wonder who cause a hunter to hide. That's not something you see everyday" He scanned the area.
Jack Larius Vernz
Jack Larius Vernz

Back to top Go down

Post by Conner McNeil Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:04 am

"Shut up or I stab you." She hissed, grabbing her phone and texting her second in command quickly. She snapped her phone shut and groaned. She looked at Jack. "You're... Different." She said frowning. "You think differently than most vampires. Why?" She asked, narrowing her eyes.
Conner McNeil
Conner McNeil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Larius Vernz Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:10 am

"Am I?" He was not scared, in fact he had not been scared in a very long time. His eyes caught another vampire's and Jack watched the other look away before saying something to the rest of the group. "It seemed they knew who he was"

"Do you even know how vampires think? The ones that think, that is?" Some were mindless beasts, he knew that very well. That was the kind of target he usually had but every now and then he would get someone who was a bit of a challenge.

Jack Larius Vernz
Jack Larius Vernz

Back to top Go down

Post by Conner McNeil Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:16 am

"I know the ones who only see red. See beautiful, easy women and men, and drain them for all they have got. Unintelligent, quiet, greedy and lustful." Her eyes slid up to Jack's. "Then there is you, who can have a conversation. Tell me, does that make you more powerful or more... vulnerable?" She whispered, watching him with curious but careful eyes.
Conner McNeil
Conner McNeil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum